Horse Care Basics (I)
Learn about horse psychology and handling, evaluate conformation, understand the importance of dietary requirements to the horse, learn about the horses digestive system and the principles of feeding and watering your horse, use correct grooming procedures, develop appropriate management procedures and broaden existing knowledge of commercial opportunities in the horse world. Manage horses kept on pasture and learn relevant pasture management techniques to maintain productivity and prevent \"horse sick\" pastures.
There are 7 lessons in this course:
- Horse Psychology & Handling
- Buying A Horse
- The Digestive System & Principles Of Feeding & Watering
- The Grass Kept Horse & Pasture Management
- Industry Applications
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school\'s tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Please note this course does require some practical components.
- Describe the procedures for the buying and selling of horses.
- Differentiate between the different procedures used for the handling of horses.
- Develop a program for the evaluation of the conformation of horses on a property/facility.
- Analyse the digestive system, including structure and function, of horses.
- Develop appropriate procedures to manage a horse at grass.
- Explain the methods used to prepare horses for specific uses, including their grooming for different tasks.
- Explain commercial opportunities available in the horse industry.